In an attempt to provide a high quality program for our Scouts during these unprecedented times,Pack 193 has put in place guidelines for all Scouts, Leaders, Parents, Legal Guardians and Siblings to
follow. These guidelines are based on Federal, State, Local and BSA guidelines.
● A Parent or Legal Guardian is required to be at each Pack activity. The Scout’s wellbeing and
safety is the Parent or Legal Guardian’s responsibility. Pack activities will be outside as much
as possible. Scouts and Den Leaders will remain with their Dens as much as possible.
● Parents should plan to drop their Scout off for each Den Meeting unless they are a Lion or
Tiger Scout. This is to ensure that we are under the person limit set forth in the guidelines.
● Siblings are welcome to attend Pack activities, the Parent or Legal Guardian is responsible for
their wellbeing, safety and behavior.
● Facial coverings are required when Scouts, Siblings and Adults cannot be at least 6 or more
feet apart, unless in an activity as described below.
● Physical distancing should be observed, 6 feet or more as much as possible, being activity
dependent. When 6 feet or more apart, facial coverings are required (per Massachusetts).
● No facial coverings required if activities are strenuous, water based or physically demanding
(running, physical fitness, moving games, etc.). If a Scout is uncomfortable without wearing a
facial covering, they may sit out of the activity without judgement or can wear a facial covering.
● Families should plan on providing their own sanitizer. Pack 193 will have sanitizer available as
● Pack and Den equipment will be sanitized prior to and after each use
● Do not attend any meeting or activity if you or someone in your household has had a fever
within 48 hours of a meeting or activity; you are within the 14-day quarantine period after
suspected exposure or if you are awaiting test results.
● Notify Pack leadership if you or someone in your household tests positive for COVID.
● No sharing of beverages, bring your own water bottle.
● When possible, please provide your own snacks for your family. Snacks being shared outside
of your family group must be individually wrapped.
● No personal physical contact (hugging, pig piles, wrestling, etc.)
● Pack 193 Key 3 will continue to monitor the State, Federal, Local and BSA phases, policies,
guidelines and procedures and will adjust plans accordingly.
● Pack 193 Leadership will refer to all Federal, State, Local, BSA and Chartered Organization
guidelines when a situation arises that is not covered by the guidelines listed above.
For questions or concerns about these guidelines, please contact the Pack Committee Chair at